The 8th International Concentrated Solar Thermal Power Summit, CSP Today Sevilla, took place in Seville from 12 – 13 November and FuturENERGY was present to distribute its magazine to the leading players in the international solar power business. Now in its 8th edition, CSP Today Sevilla provides a platform to bring the international CSP community together and on this occasion, topics of maximum interest were discussed including the keys to optimising CSP plants.
The entire solar thermal industry was brought together in Seville at a unique event whose events included: keynotes by the CEOs from some of the leading sector companies (ACWA Power, Abengoa Solar and ACS Cobra); key O&M information provided directly from benchmark plants in Spain and abroad; an exclusive overview of failed components at CSP plants; and the latest in commercial technology.
In short, during 12 and 13 November in Seville, the participants in CSP Today Sevilla 2014 had the opportunity to:
- Compare projects in South Africa, Morocco, UAE, India, Chile from the international benchmarking point of view so as to be competitive in terms of costs and to successfully develop plants in these markets.
- Take advantage of the more than 20 years of the combined experience of the executives of La Africana, Gemasolar, Puerto Herrado 2 and Extresol, that have written the O&M manual to obtain the maximum performance at these plants.
- Participate in unprecedented unpublished research from CSP Today regarding critical components in the solar field and power block and its performance in operational plants.
- Learn how to manage common challenges such as temporary in situ repairs so as not to stop the plant, automation, control systems and troubleshooting to ensure that the plant’s operation is continuous and trouble-free.
- Find out about the latest developments and innovations in technology to make the most of the performance and drastically reduce LCOE in CSP plants.