Microgrid professionals and researchers from around the world will gather in Barcelona, Spain, September 16-17, 2015, for the Microgrid Global Innovation Forum (www.microgridinnovation.com) – an examination of the business models, technology advances, and success strategies for operating hybrid renewable energy systems in remote, off-grid, island, and grid-tied environments.
Worldwide investment in microgrid enabling technologies is expected to total more than $155 billion from 2014 through 2023, according to research firm Navigant Research.* Additionally, the company estimates that total identified microgrid capacity has grown from 4,393 megawatts (MW) in the second quarter of 2014 to more than 12,000 MW today.
Presenting organizations include ČEZ Distribuce, ERDF, SunEdison, Trama TecnoAmbiental, Gommyr Power Networks, HSB Engineering Insurance, CENER-CIEMAT, Gildemeister Energy Solutions, Aalborg University, ABB, the Catalonia Institute for Energy Research (IREC), SMA Ibérica Tecnología Solar, QiDO Energy Development GmbH, Smart Hydro Power, RVE.SOL, Aquion Energy, Boeing Research & Technology Europe, Tecnalia Research & Innovation, and others.
Organized by SGO, the two-day event will delve into such topics as:
• Refining the microgrid business model for grid-tied and off-grid environments
• System design, modeling, forecasting, and implementation
• Energy storage innovation and advances for microgrid applications
• Investor perspectives on hybrid renewable energy microgrids
• Developing world case studies
• Optimal power planning, control and management in microgrid systems
• Stabilizing small isolated grids: creating a compelling business case
• Application of energy storage and wind to power remote mine microgrids
• PV integration in large genset grids
Organizational supporters of the Forum include the Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE), EUROBAT, EUREC, Grid4EU, Svensk Solenergi, Swissolar, CanaleEnergia, APESF, the Romanian Photovoltaic Industry Association (RPIA), GTM Research, Microgrid Knowledge, Electric Energy T&D Magazine, Navigant Research, FuturENERGY, Utility Horizons International, FierceEnergy, the World Alliance for Distributed Energy (WADE), SmartGridNews.com, and others.