FuturENERGY Digital N 66
GROUP RENAULT TRIALS ITS ON-DEMAND CARSERVICE USING THE AUTONOMOUS, ELECTRIC AND SHARED ZOE CAB
From 14 October to 8 November 2019, around 100 people on the Paris-Saclay urban campus tested the on-demand car service offered by Groupe Renault as part of the “Paris-Saclay Autonomous Lab” project. This daytime service provided by electric, shared and autonomous Renault ZOE Cab prototypes, allowed the selected users to move freely around the Paris-Saclay urban campus, enjoying every-day green mobility to get to one of the schools or laboratories on the campus, go for lunch or play sport.
Different Renault ZOE Cab prototypes for a wider range of experiencesDistintos prototipos de Renault ZOE Cab para diversificar la experiencia
Two vehicles ran around the Paris-Saclay urban campus throughout the whole public trial period.
One ZOE Cab prototype equipped with the following:
- A large size fore-wing door that spans the length of the ZOE’s interior, allowing immediate access to the front and rear seats;
- A seat for the safety operator, cut-off from the rest of the interior, to transport the passengers into the experimental future of autonomous mobility with neither operator or driver on board;
- Seats designed to create a private compartment for each passenger, fitted with individual screens, speakers and USB ports.
One ZOE Cab equipped with the following:
- A larger rear door on the right-hand side for easier and safer car access, from the pavement side only.
- A modified interior, with the front passenger seat facing backwards, so passengers ride face-to-face in line with the service’s car-sharing ethos.
- Shared screens for all passengers to view and use on their trip.