Schneider Electric will showcase the new Easergy T300 feeder automation device at European Utility Week in Barcelona, November 15-17 2016. The Easergy T300 is a smart grid-ready solution for electrical distribution networks.
It offers advanced monitoring, control, and automation functions, and employs the latest communication technologies for remote and local operation, enabling utilities to minimise supply interruptions, optimise network performance, and reduce operational costs.The Easergy T300 is:
- An integrated all-in-one solution for MV/LV control and monitoring.
- A modern tool entirely designed to simplify ownership from installation, to commissioning and maintenance.
- A compact and modular design for many customer applications and configurable to their needs.
- Up-to-date communication for future-proof systems with open protocols and a digital life cycle.
- Helps to secure the control and data acquisition for the operation of electrical networks including cyber security of the substation.
Tackling utilities’ challenges
In order to ensure reliable power availability and reduce outage times on the MV and LV network, the Easergy T300 includes advanced fault detection features. Functions include directional and non-directional over-current detection, broken, or bridged line detection, transformer (per phase), and fuse blown detection. The device also anticipates the loss of LV neutral. Powerful automation capabilities mean that the Easergy T300 can be applied to reconfigure the network and reduce outage time with centralised and decentralised automation.
The accurate voltage and power measurement within the Easergy T300 also helps with the integration of MV and LV distributed energy resources by providing this high-accuracy data to the Volt-VAR system for real-time management. It also helps to optimise the power flows and monitor power quality delivery on both MV and LV sides, according to EN 50160, even when integrating intermittent distributed generation.
The accurate data analysis of the Easergy T300 helps optimise grid investments by managing peak-load situations in real-time with accurate data. This data can also help in reducing technical and non-technical losses and optimising energy efficiency with improved load flow calculations.